IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING DORMITORY CONTRACTS
ALL INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS WHO ARE STILL ABROAD AND UNABLE TO RETURN TO ESTONIA DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS CAN END YOUR DORMITORY CONTRACT OR EXTEND IT OVER THE SUMMER WHEN YOUR RESPECTIVE COUNTRY HAS OPENED THE BORDER AND YOU ARE ABLE TO TRAVEL BACK TO TARTU!
HERE YOU CAN SEE THE LATEST INFORMATION ABOUT TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS TO ESTONIA: https://www.visitestonia.com/en/why-estonia/coronavirus-and-travelling-to-estonia?fbclid=IwAR1ipNSnZyB6MkrsJHkhyhcDnRHLfCSJDaHp3btV8yl4tVwwb71_7EV-gwY
PLEASE WRITE TO email@example.com AND LET US KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE CONFIRMED YOUR FLIGHT SO WE CAN KEEP YOU INFORMED ON WHETHER A SELF-QUARANTINE IS NECESSARY WHEN ARRIVING TO THE DORMITORY.
ALL 2019-2020 CONTRACTS WILL EXPIRE AUTOMATICALLY ON 30.06.2020.
IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR ROOM OVER SUMMER AND LIVE IN IT, YOU WILL NEED TO PAY FULL RENT AND UTILITY FEES DURING SUMMER MONTHS AS WELL.
IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE SAME ROOM OVER THE SUMMER BUT DON'T PLAN TO USE IT IN JULY AND/OR AUGUST, YOU CAN WRITE A FREE FORM APPLICATION (ASK THE ACCOMMODATION MANAGER FOR DETAILS) AND TURN IN YOUR KEYS TO THE RECEPTION FOR SUMMER. IN THAT CASE YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR UTILITIES IN JULY AND/OR AUGUST.
IF YOU WANT TO END YOUR CONTRACT AND MOVE OUT, PLEASE WRITE AN E-MAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org SO WE CAN MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR PRESENTING YOUR ROOM. BEFORE MOVING OUT YOU WILL NEED TO CLEAN YOUR APARTMENT (ROOM + COMMON AREAS) AND PRESENT THEM TO THE ACCOMMODATION MANAGER OR -SPECIALIST ON A WORKING DAY. YOU WILL BE E-MAILED THE TIMES AND DETAILS.
WE ARE GOING TO START EXTENDING CONTRACTS FOR 2020/2021 FROM JUNE 2ND AND THERE ARE SOME REQUIREMENTS THAT NEED TO BE FILLED IN ORDER TO GET AN EXTENSION:
- ALL OF YOUR DEBTS TO DORMITORY HAVE BEEN PAID
- YOU HAVE CLEANED YOUR ROOM AND APARTMENT before coming to sign the contract (SHARE THE CLEANING DUTIES IF THERE ARE OTHERS IN YOUR APARTMENT WHO WANT TO EXTEND THEIR CONTRACT!). WEEKLY CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS ARE ON THE HOMEPAGE UNDER "Cleaning rooms"
- EVERY REFRIDGERATOR NEEDS TO HAVE THE ICE FROM THE DEEP FREEZE REMOVED ONCE BEFORE SUMMER. PLEASE ASK THE STAFF FOR HELP IF YOU'RE NOT SURE HOW TO DO IT.
WE ARE GOING TO START ACCEPTING NEW ROOM APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST. THE EXACT DATE WILL BE PUT HERE ON THE HOMEPAGE AT THE END OF JUNE.
IF YOU WANT TO MOVE INTO THE DORMITORY ALREADY DURING SUMMER (JUNE, JULY OR AUGUST), YOU MAY SEND A ROOM APPLICATION BEFORE AUGUST. BUT THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO ALREADY START PAYING RENT FROM SUMMER AS WELL. PLEASE PUT THE DATE WHEN YOU WOULD LIKE TO START YOUR CONTRACT INTO THE APPLICATION COMMENTS SECTION.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ROOM APPLICATIONS AND THE DORMITORY IN GENERAL, PLEASE READ THROUGH THE "FOR TENANTS" SECTION ON OUR HOMEPAGE AND IF YOUR QUESTION IS NOT ANSWERED, WRITE AN E-MAIL TO email@example.com.
List of weekly cleaning chores
Dormitory tenants are responsible for the cleaning and upkeep of their apartments. The best way to divide up tasks is to make a cleaning schedule either for every tenant of your apartment separately or divide it up by rooms. Everyone should clean up after themselves though and not hope that someone else will do it for them.
It is possible to borrow basic cleaning equipment from the dormitory reception.
- CLEANING THE BEDROOMS: wipe the desks and windowsills with a moist cloth, remove fingerprints with a moist cloth from closet doors, room doors and lamp switches, clean the window from the inside
- CLEANING THE FLOORS: swipe the dust and dirt off the floor using a broom and/or vacuum cleaner (from under the beds as well), wash with a moist cloth and washing liquid if necessary.
- CLEANING THE BATHROOM AND TOILET: clean the sink with a washing agent, clean the mirror with glass cleaning liquid and a clean cloth or tissue paper, wash the shower room floor, remove hairs after taking a shower from the shower trap (to avoid clogs), wipe the shower room walls from water residue, clean the toilet bowl regularly with a brush and cleaning agent.
- CLEANING THE KITCHEN: clean the sink with a cleaning agent, don't forget to wash your dishes after you eat, wipe kitchen cabinets, door and kitchen table.
DON'T THROW FOOD LEFTOVERS INTO THE SINK, THEY WILL BLOCK THE DRAIN!
Make sure food in the freezer hasn't gone bad, clean the refridgerator shelves if needed and defrost the freezer once a month.
- EMPTYING GARBAGE BINS: the person whose garbage filled up the can should empty it.